ancora chi lo spaccia per non free!

Annunci di nuove versioni di Gimp, novità riguardanti questo fantastico programma e le novità introdotte nel sito stesso.
Rispondi
johnJ
Amministratore
Amministratore
ancora chi lo spaccia per non free!

Messaggio da johnJ » mar 5 ago 2008, 15:34

Lazza
Amministratore
Amministratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da Lazza » mar 5 ago 2008, 20:15

Premesso che è lecito vendere a pagamento copie di software Gpl, contatto immediatamente questi tizi per richiedere maggiori info e soprattutto più chiarezza sulla loro pagina (e la rimozione di dicitura di sito ufficiale).

Ah, prima ovviamente scarico il loro Gimp che hostano e vedo q8uali differenze, eventualmente, ha dal Gimp per Windows "quasi ufficiale".

Lazza
Amministratore
Amministratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da Lazza » mar 5 ago 2008, 20:58

da Andrea Lazzarotto <andrea>
a support@softsea.com
cc webmasters@gimp.org
data 5 agosto 2008 21.53
oggetto Concerning your page about Gimp

Dear Sir,

I read your page about Gimp following an user's report on the forum I moderate. I regret to inform you I have serious doubts about the legitimacy of that.

I tell you in advance that it isn't forbidden by the Gpl license to sell copies of the software, but:
  • in the page you claim it's the official Gimp site, which is really http://www.gimp.org
  • you define that download a free trial software. The file is a verbatim copy of an unofficial (but "standard") Gimp for Windows Installer (the md5 checksum of the version 2.4.4 and of your .exe is the same: 27ad334e26dd20cf01e97e639682b487). That file is not a trial version. It is a working and unlimited Gimp. Also, remember that you can not create trial versions of a Gpl software in order to sell some "complete" version in a proprietary way.
  • if you plan to continue distributing this free (as in speech) software in a free (as in beer) way, I think you have to remove any "trial" references, and say it is free and open source software. If you plan to get paid for it, you have anyway to remove such a "limited" version (which currently doesn't exist) and tell people that this is free software with an open source license, even if they want to pay.
I'm looking forward to read your reply and be advised about your corrections as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Andrea Lazzarotto
Chief moderator of the Gimp Italian Forum http://www.gimpitalia.it/forum/
http://www.andrealazzarotto.com

Lazza
Amministratore
Amministratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da Lazza » mar 5 ago 2008, 21:35

Qui sopra c'è una copia della mail che ho mandato. Ho spostato il topic in GimpItalia cosicché tutti possano vederlo.

johnJ
Amministratore
Amministratore

Messaggio da johnJ » mar 10 feb 2009, 8:21

sbaglio o si è corretto?

Lazza
Amministratore
Amministratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da Lazza » mar 10 feb 2009, 11:14

Mica tanto, ci sono ancora alcune incongruenze... comunque forse è un po' meglio di prima. :roll:

Rispondi